Saturday, November 13, 2010

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Well, hello everyone.  Welcome to my blog.  Since this is my first post, let me introduce myself and my bears to you.  I  live in a quaint little house in Spring, Texas, which is right outside of Houston.  I share my house with my sister (who likens us to the little old ladies in Arsenic and Old Lace-- except that we are not little and we do not poison young men) and the bears.
I, for one, always wonder how businesses got their name, so, in case you do, too, here's how I came my mine.  When we were little, my grandfather always made up little songs and poems (oh, yeah, my whole family is creative) and one of them went like this:
A girl and a boy went out to play
When a big, brown bear came along their way.
The boy climbed up the nearest tree he could find,
But, the girl ran on with The Bear Behind


Here are Mina and MiKKi.  They were made for my sisters from my late mother's mink stole.  They are an example of my Keepsake Bears.  You can find more information on my Keepsake Bears at my Etsy shop or my Artfire studio.    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gwen! Thanks for the card! Hope you ( and the bears) have a great Christmas. You're welcome...glad to help!
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete