Monday, October 29, 2012

Grapevine Show

Got back last night from the Teddy Bear and Doll Show in Grapevine.  My table was right next to the supplier and I was sorely tempted by all the lovely mohair and Tissavel.  I got a lovely piece of Tissavel and some pink mohair.


I met some bearmakers that I have only known through facebook and others that I had heard of from other venues.  Bettina Groh was there and my sister and I ran into her and her husband while we were walking along quaint old Main Street, Grapevine.  They had walked from the hotel into Grapevine, all the way to the end of Main Street and back again.  Quite a distance.  Jan and I took the courtesy van; I can't even walk from the front door to the car without having to sit on my walker!  It got pretty cold and Jan and I had left our jackets in our car, so, we froze while waiting for the courtesy van to pick us up.


The next morning, those of us who were staying in the hotel were all in the hotel dining room at the same time having breakfast.  We chatted up a storm, discussing the storm (Sandy), the height of the hotel beds (could have used a stool to get into bed) and, of course, bears.

Jan takes a quick nap before the show

There weren't a lot of visitors at the show which may very likely have been due to the nice weather.  People wanted to do things out of doors instead of being inside a building, even to look at teddy bears.  But, probably more likely, due to the fact that the show was on Sunday, which is a family day.  Nevertheless, I think I made a few contacts and certainly learned some new tricks from other bear artists.  All in all, I had a very good time.

Bettina sets out to look around.

Setting up
Here, Jan is ready for our first customer


Toby watches Jan (Teddy Smiles) and Jerry (her husband) set up


Some more people setting up








A view of my table

More of my table





And, still more.



  
Dallas, on the way home.
To 45.  Yay!
O, sh*t (literally)!  A bird did it on the windshield.
Toolin' along.

I promise, last picture
   

No comments:

Post a Comment