Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New  Year!  Does everybody have big plans for New Year's Eve?  
When we were kids, my parents used to go out for New Year's Eve.  My mother didn't want us kids to feel left out, so she would prepare us a "buffet" so that we could party, too.  Specifically, I remember an hors d'oeuvre she called cornucopias.  These consisted of slices of bologna rolled into a cone, secured with a toothpick and stuffed with potato salad.  This was the highlight of our feast, the remainder being pretzels, potato chips, etc.  Ginger ale was our substitute for champagne.
Today, of course, when I am at home for the festivities, I serve more grown up fare (real champagne) but I still always have cornucopias.
This year, however, my sister was invited to a New Year's celebration hosted by a coworker. She was asked to bring me along, so, I guess there will be no cornucopias this year.


If anyone has checked out my shop, you might have noticed little Daffodil.  She is now on her way to her new home in Maryland.  But, she has a little sister about to be born, so be on the lookout for her.




I hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year and may all your fondest wishes come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment